MP Diane Finley Reminds Constituents to Travel Safely This Summer








Member of Parliament Diane Finley is encouraging residents of Haldimand-Norfolk to learn about the “Three Rs” of international travel:

READ-UP on relevant topics such as safety, security, and local laws in the destination country by consulting our Travel Reports and Warnings.
REGISTER with the Registration of Canadians Abroad service, so that we can contact and assist in an emergency.
REACH US at our *Emergency Operations Centre in Ottawa if a Canadian experiences problems abroad.

At, you can also discover an abundance of safe-travel resources related to dual citizenship, travelling with children and other important topics.

Travelling abroad? Visit today!



*Requesting Emergency Assistance

For emergency help during business hours, and if you are outside Canada, call the nearest embassy or consulate.

You can also contact our Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa anytime by:



From outside Canada

From inside Canada

  • 613-996-8885
  • 1-800-387-3124 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)


  • 613-944-1310
  • 1-800-394-3472 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)

You may be asked to leave a message. Please follow the instructions carefully. Under normal circumstances, an operations officer will get back to you within 15 minutes. This delay may be longer during large-scale emergencies.