Many Canadians have questions regarding COVID-19 and the health measures being taken by all levels of Government.
Below are some frequently asked questions. While the links below are meant to be a resource, they are not a substitute for medical advice. If you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, I encourage you to contact a health care professional.
Where can I find more health information on COVID-19?
- For general information on COVID-19 including symptoms and prevention visit the World Health Organization website at https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses or Health Canada’s website at https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
What should I do if I think I have symptoms or think I may have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- If you start to experience a fever, cough or difficulty breathing you should immediately isolate your self from others and contact your health care professional or the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit closest to you.
- You can also contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Please call your health care professional before going into the office to receive instructions for your arrival.
- The Government of Ontario has also launched an Online Self-Assessment Tool that you can use to determine if you should seek further medical advice. However, this is not intended to provide medical advice on its own. If you have medical questions, you should still consult a health practitioner.
- For more information, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-8
Where can I get the most up to date information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and actions being taken to protect the health of Ontarians?
- For the most up to date information locally including current situation, risk, cases and testing, prevention, etc., please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-0
- Additional information can be found on the Government of Canada’s site here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html or by calling 1-833-784-4397
- For Haldimand-Norfolk: https://hnhu.org/
How do I prevent and prepare for COVID-19?
- More information on social distancing: PDF
Ontario Mental Health Resources
- It’s important to not only take care of your physical health, but your mental health as well. If you need to talk to someone, call 1-866-531-2600 or visit Connex Ontario for more information.
- Kids Help Phone is a mental health resource available to kids. For more information on the resources provided through Kids Help Phone, click here.
- Phone number: 1-800-668-6868
I’m a small business owner that has the capacity to help with the production of medical supplies. Who do I contact?
- For any questions/requests/applications for medical devices, including test kits, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any questions/requests/applications for other health products, including hand sanitizer, please email: email@example.com
Important information graphics: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/awareness-resources.html
Health Canada expedites access to COVID-19 diagnostic laboratory test kits and other medical devices: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/news/2020/03/health-canada-expedites-access-to-covid-19-diagnostic-laboratory-test-kits-and-other-medical-devices.html
Prime Minister announces Canada’s Plan to Mobilize Industry to fight COVID-19”
Canada’s plan to mobilize science to fight COVID-19: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/23/canadas-plan-mobilize-science-fight-covid-19
National Research Council COVID-19 Challenge Program: